Your privacy is extremely important to us. This policy explains what personal information we have, how we use it and how you can check and update any of your personal information.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Pepper Fox Ltd.
Why do we collect your personal information?
- to enable us to carry out our contractual obligations in relation to any Building we manage,
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
The law also requires us to keep some information. Occasionally this information is anonymised so you can't be identified.
What kind of information will we collect?
- Your name
- A postal and/or E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Marital status
- Bank account details or card payment details provided to us by yourselves
- Technical data such as Internet protocol (IP) address
Pepper Fox Ltd may:
- Send information to you which it thinks may be of interest to you.
- Provide information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications.
- Pass your details to accountants, consultants and other professionals, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual obligations.
- Use the information to customise the Website according to your interests.
The Website may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other websites. If the user uses the links to leave the Website and visit a website operated by a third party, Pepper Fox Ltd does not have any control over that website. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such websites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where do we get your information?
We will request this from yourselves with your permission. This may be from our contact form on our website, via postal/email correspondence, telephone or in person.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write to Pepper Fox ltd at the address provided. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible. We strive to protect the security of information which you provide to us, and will use up-to-date measures to provide such security.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties in order to perform our business operations.
For example, we may share your information with:
- Contractors (e.g. plumbers, electricians, drainage companies, pest control) in order to carry out a repair or undertake work at the Building we manage;
- Surveyors, in order to carry out a survey of the property you have an interest in
- Solicitors, in relation to collecting arrears or any dispute that may arise in relation to the Building we manage;
- Accountants in order to prepare accounts;
- Insurance brokers and Insurance Providers in order to effect insurance at the Building we manage;
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our communications with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
- With any public authority or law enforcement agency (if they ask for it).
- To comply with law or regulations, or for possible legal proceedings.
- If you give us personal information that's wrong or we find out (or think) you're responsible for fraud. In these circumstances we might share your information with third parties such as law enforcement agencies, credit reference agencies and other affected third parties.
- If one of our partners who are processing information for us are compelled to do so by law.
- If there's an emergency and we think you or other people are at risk.
For further information, please contact our offices.
Why we keep hold of your information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We will retain your information for the duration of time in which you have an interest in a building that is managed by us. After this time, we retain only as long as we need it for the purposes described above unless a longer period is required or permitted by law.
Communicating over the internet:
Please remember, any emails or other communications you send over the internet aren't safe unless they've been encrypted. They might go through a few countries before they get to your friend who lives around the corner. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the internet.
If someone gets into your emails without your permission, or your personal information is shared publicly, we can't accept responsibility. It is out of our control.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to request details of the information we have about you. There are some requests that have to be in writing for legal reasons.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent. Please note that we may still be entitled to process your information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to receive some of your information in a usable format and/or request we transmit that data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to information which you have provided to us.
- The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us" section below.
Where we hold the data:
The data we hold is stored on our protected management systems and filing rooms which remain locked when not in use.